Adolescents and Children
Saturday appointments means no missed school or work!
Is Your Teen...
- Worried, stressed, or afraid?
- Depressed or unusually quiet?
- Angry, defiant, or aggressive?
- Shy in a way that interferes with social activities?
- Using drugs?
- Exhibiting behavior changes that concern you?
- Dealing with a family divorce, romantic breakup or death?
- Not doing well in school? Trouble concentrating?
- Feel like a failure and unable to cope with expectations?
Therapy – and medication when necessary – allows teens to gain greater insight into the way they think, act and react. It helps them set goals and provides impartial accountability – which often relieves stress at home. It gives them tools to help them develop into a mature, thoughtful adult.
At Advantage Mental Health have a psychiatric nurse practitioner who is able to develop a unique rapport with teens, opening up the lines of communication so often lacking in this age group. Teens report feeling “relieved” after discussing their issues with her…and they willingly come back to share their thoughts and feelings, and find ways to deal with the issues in their lives.
Is Your Child...
- Doing poorly in school despite trying hard?
- Showing signs of severe worry or anxiety (avoiding school or age appropriate activities)?
- Problems sleeping or with nightmares?
- Hyperactive or fidgeting?
- Difficulty paying attention?
- Persistent disobedience or aggression?
- Frequent, unexplainable temper tantrums?
At Advantage Mental Health our staff includes a psychiatrist who is board-certified in child psychiatry and general psychiatry and completed his child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at USF.