Allison (Allie) Zangari is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Allison has years of experience with families and couples that were impacted by eating disorders and/or substance use disorders by one or multiple family members. She also has experience working with families and couples impacted by BPD. She works with the entire couple or family system so that healing and growth can occur. In addition to couples and families, Allie has worked with adolescents and college students who are struggling with anxiety, depression, self-worth, substance abuse, eating disorders, and struggles coping with everyday life. Allison utilizes Emotionally Focused Therapy, attachment theory, Dialectal Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Interpersonal strategies, Narrative therapy, and experiential therapy techniques.
In a non-blaming way, Allie assist partners and family members to interact differently with one another and to re-build trust and positive feelings. She addresses the entire family or couple as the “client” and therefore the relationship(s) is the primary area of focus, not just one person. You will look at new ways to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts. Often therapy focuses on building or re-establishing satisfying connections between members.
Allie works with children ages 12 and up, or in the case of family therapy, children ages 7 and up, as well as adults, couples, and families with adult children.
Allie has attended the following trainings:
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy Training
- Transforming Fear: Psychodrama Daylong Training
- Emotion-Focused Therapy: CORE Skills; 5 Weekends
- Motivational Interviewing with College Students
- Motivational Interviewing and Eating Disorders
- EFT and Trauma: Facing the Dragon Together
- Emotion-Focused Therapy: 4 Day Externship
- Emotion-Focused Therapy: 2 Day Introduction
- CRAFT: Community Reinforcement and Family Training
- Gottman Level 1 Couples Therapy Training