For Those in Recovery from Substance or Alcohol Use Disorder
Family Support Group
To provide knowledge of the disease concept of addiction and to allow support of family members in a safe and nurturing environment.
Patient Support Group
The Patient Support Group has a dual purpose of functioning as a process group offering support and as a life skills training group teaching coping skills for those in recovery.
- Realize that you are not alone in what you’re going through
- Work through feelings of fear, shame, guilt
- Build self-esteem
- Reverse negative core belief systems that have developed during substance us
- Mindfulness (being able to be present in the moment without judgments or fear)
- Stress tolerance skill
- Crisis intervention skills
- Coping skills
- Diary cards to measure urges and cravings
- Find support and learn from others experiencing similar issues
Addiction is a behavior…
Group therapy helps you find out what is driving the thought process, what is controlling the feelings and behavior, and lets you find support so you can take control of your life.
Individual counseling sessions also available
Facilitated by Danielle Thomassy, MSW, CAP
Mrs. Thomassy is a certified addiction professional who has a master’s degree in social work.